Sonic Cell for a guitarist

Forum for SonicCell
HumanSonic

Re: Sonic Cell for a guitarist

Post by HumanSonic »

Hi Sheaj,

Although your ear is the deciding factor in the end tone you are after, for the Clean Twin and Match Drive, try "Built in 1-5". For SLDN lead experiment with "Ms Stack 1 through to 3-Stack".

You can set the tone for each song and save that amp setting as a sysex file in the beginning of a midi backtrack so you can have all your favorite sounds, because you cannot save amp sim settings in the Sonic Cell. The same goes for the other multi efx. If you set your Sonic Cell to Tx Edit data "ON" it will transmit these sysex commands. Go to the MENU>SYSTEM>System Midi>Tx Edit Data. IF YOU ARE USING SONAR----- Set the sound/tone you want on the amp sim, then go back, underline, 39:GUITAR AMP SIM, press dial and 39:GUITAR AMP SIM will be highlighted in white. Now scroll back one to 38:VS DISTORTION or forward one up to 40:COMPRESSOR, open you SYSEX screen cliick on "receive bank" then choose , then turn the dial on the Sonic Cell one click back to 39:GUITAR AMP SIM. This will not just transmit select multi efx no 39 but every setting on its page- amp type volume, amp master, eq, speaker type etc. The beauty of the Sonic Cell is that if you set the amp sim and scroll away from 39 and back again it remembers the last settings you had.

I play with the Sonic Cell with SRX-01 drum expansion card, as a one man band but I am using a Boss-GT10 so I don't use the COSM in the Sonic Cell but it is more than adequate to get the job done.

To quote NC, I to believe that BG Lead is a Mesa Boogie!!!!!! Anyway I use it and it's cool whoever they are trying to emulate. I've played a Mesa Boogie caliber .50 and this is that type of midrangy Carlos Santana tone. I wouldn't argue the bogner tone as they are both boutique amplifiers.

Sheaj if i can be any more help just shout.

regards humanSonic
sheaj

Re: Sonic Cell for a guitarist

Post by sheaj »

Thanks so much, HumanSonic!