Sonic Cell and MIDI out

Forum for SonicCell
markferrell

Sonic Cell and MIDI out

Post by markferrell »

I have a Sonic Cell and am integrating it into my live rig. Here is my problem. I am connecting to the SC from:

CME UF7 >>> Behringer FCB1010 >>> Sonic Cell >>> GEM rpx Paino Module.

The Sonic Cell plays fine but it will not pass the MIDI signal through the MIDI OUT to the GEM module. I know the GEM receives just fine by itself, but when hooked to the Sonic Cell, it will not respond. Checked all the midi cables and they are fine. Both the SC and GEM rpx are set to receive on channel 1.

Please help.
M
Shambler

Re: Sonic Cell and MIDI out

Post by Shambler »

I don't have a sonic cell but is there an option to echo what comes into MIDI IN through the MIDI OUT port?
howardS

Post by howardS »

I dont have the SonicCell but I checked some of the stats on the Roland website to see if I could help. I didnt see a MIDI Thru jack on the SonicCel nor did I see this as a setup in their brochure. They show devices hooked up to the MIDI In port on the brochure I didnt see anything plugged into the out. Also, the manual didnt appear to be available online so I couldnt look it up in the manual. I would check your manual for a soft midi Thru switch....and if it exists then turn it on. On the Fantoms that is how you would get this "echo" to occur.

Perhaps you can put the GEM module inline before the Sonic Cell since the module has the Midi Out and Thru jacks and have the GEM module echo the signal to the SonicCell.
javaj_

Go into the System menu

Post by javaj_ »

sorry, I am at work so I don't have it in front of me. When I play without my computer on, I turn off the USB-Midi thru setting (and then save). When I am using the computer, turn the USB-Midi thu back to On.
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

mark
Just go to SYSTEM-MIDI and turn the Soft Through to ON.