Sonic Cell USB storage capacity limit??

Forum for SonicCell
miden

Re: Sonic Cell USB storage capacity limit??

Post by miden »

I have just bought mine, but I was under the understanding you could have 99 files in 99 folders making a total of 9800 songs altogether?? Are you guys saying the most you can have is 99??? Sheesh, I might not even open the box when it arrives, and just send it straight back!!!
tomdavisdotcom

Please read thread , you can have 198 total songs

Post by tomdavisdotcom »

99 in the playlist and 99 dragged into the root directory.

Major drawback in the SC software
miden

Post by miden »

Hi,
not trying to teach a granny how to suck eggs, but I checked with Roland Tech support here in Australia and they advised you can have up to 99 playlists with 99 songs in each playlist, OR 99 songs in the root directory, OR say 50 songs in the root and 49 playlist folders, again with 99 files in each of those folders or 5 songs and 94 playlist folders etc etc.
I KNOW this is at odds with the thread, but I am only repeating what Roland told me.
tomdavisdotcom

Roland techs told me 198 total songs

Post by tomdavisdotcom »

You can have 99 playlists WITHIN the PLAYLIST LIBRARY, but the LIBRARY can have only 99 songs. Each playlist in this case would have to have one song each. If you can tell us how you've gotten more than 99 in the library instead of just saying you can, then I will be a believer, thanks.
miden

Post by miden »

yeah righto, whatever man! I wasn't saying you were wrong, was just passing on what Roland told me.