Hello(new sonic cell owner), asking some sounds

Forum for SonicCell
Noteman

Hello(new sonic cell owner), asking some sounds

Post by Noteman »

Hello everyone, I am new owner of Sonic cell :). Have to say it is an intresting synth compared to my KORG. Sounds very warm, the bells are superb.

Anyway if you know any places where you can get some hevier sounds for Roland keyboards. I specificly would like to have this kind of organ and lead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FmXGHneqO4 (start and 3:30)

And this kind of string sound:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOVW9GezQ0k , pretty much everywhere.
chubbylove

Re: Hello(new sonic cell owner), asking some sounds

Post by chubbylove »

welcome just wanted to respond to your post I know whats its like when noone will respond to your posts. you came to the right spot though there is alot of great info on this site hope you find the sounds you are looking for.
howreg

Sonic Cell

Post by howreg »

I have one also and you can get some good stings and organs sounds on the Sonic Cell it has the latest Fanthom X sound engine - you need to learn how to use the effects and controllers etc and save a user patch and you will get great stings and organ sounds
Noteman

Post by Noteman »

hmm.. ok :). thanks

I know how to control the parameters etc. with the editor, haven't had much time though hehe- SC came 2 days ago - I have no idea where to begin at least with strings though. though I think that I have some fine very diffrent sounding strings from korg and a decent lead too.

But are there any sites where Fantom users share their patches?
the Choirs in sonic cell seem to lack a bit, I think you can't really do much for them. Should I get an SRX board, if so which would be the best one to get for choirs and maybe some pads like in the first vid?

Also is there anyway to acualy send AUDIO through USB? My and every bandmates off mine computer seems to get a very disorted signal through the audio jack - and it is not beacouse of clipping.
howreg

Sonic Cell USB

Post by howreg »

Yes I have my laptop hooked up to Sonic Cell Via UBS - I can play anything audio on the laptop and have it come out of the Audio out of SOnic Cell. MP3 and or Midi or CD tracks. I also use Sonar on the laptop to play Midi files or mix them. But the neatest thing is you can put all of these files on a USB stick and play it from the USB Stick. I also run my Fanthom X into the Sonic Cell via midi and can have two string or voice patches play at the same time - One set of strings on the Fanthom and one on set of strings on SOnic Cell. You can also combine Strings in performance mode on Sonic Cell to get a good string sound. Make sure your master level on Sonice Cell is at 100 and not 127 and so is the input trim - run the main volume at 8 and not 10 - this will reduce the distored signal. YOU can also adjust the audio level of each file on the USB card with Sonic Cell to reduce a songs over all volume. I took a deep dive with the Manuyal yesterday and have everything working the way I wanted.

THere are some people that have sites where they publish patches - Look for NSheldons site or ask Artemio for his Planet software.
Noteman

Post by Noteman »

Acually I ment if you can record sonic cell's playing to computer by USB.

tell me if you know how to make that kind of sounds :).
javaj_

Sonic Cell User Group

Post by javaj_ »

Hi Noteman,
I started a Yahoo group just for the Sonic Cell. I posted a couple of performances (playing around).
Check it out
Link: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/soniccell/
Noteman

Post by Noteman »

So how do I load the sounds to the sonic cell? Maybe I just got wrong kind of file or something....

(and still if you know how to get any of those sounds).
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Topic moved to "Synthesizers".
Noteman

Post by Noteman »

Javaj I just saw your message and joined the group. Perhaps you should post a topic about it so everyone could see it :)

BTW I would be very happy if someone with a fantom would post the details for the FantomAxxe lead from the audio expansion board.