PureEP in SonicCell

Forum for SonicCell
jkon

PureEP in SonicCell

Post by jkon »

I see a patch in SonicCell named PureEP.
Do you know if it has anything in common with the patch contained in the SRX 12 ?
I don't have a SonicCell that's why I ask.
howreg

Re: PureEP in SonicCell

Post by howreg »

I have Sonic Cell and it contains patches from the Fanthom X and various SRX cards plus some new patches
jkon

Post by jkon »

Does it have patches from the SRX 12 card ?
Which one ?
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

I just checked my waveform listing (which you can find on the Yahoo Sonic Cell group). None of the SRX waveforms are on the Sonic Cell (at least, none of the same names appear).
It does have a similar Clav though. SC Clave waveform
ClvMtRs DB f
is similar to SRX-12's ClvMtRsDB fA

Although, I wouldn't consider the Sonic Cell as a host for the SRX-12 card for the simple fact that you don't get the Piano mode and thus lose half of the total patches that the card can do (if you have an X)
jkon

Post by jkon »

I have to ask this , even if it looks silly but...
what is "piano mode" ?
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

It's a dedicated button on the Fantom's that jump you right into the main piano sound. Now, I don't have a Fantom so I don't know what other features it gives you- but with the SRX-12- it gives you more control over the EP sounds (kind of like what the ARX card will do for the Fantom G).
Someone please correct me or give a better description if I am wrong.
JakeC

Post by JakeC »

Does the Sonic Cell "see" patches 51 - 105 on the SRX-12 card (sames as fantom X series). For that matter, do you know if an MC-909 does also?
John Sweeney

Post by John Sweeney »

Sonic Cell will not 'see' the patches exclusively for Fantom X6/7/8 keyboards. However all waveforms used to make these patches are still available.

Piano mode with SRX12 gives custom screens layouts with dedicated controls for parameter changes on EP's and Clav's when used with Fantom X6/7/8. This feature is not available on any other instrument as they do not posess the necessary screen size or resolution to cope. However, what these are doing for the most part, is bringing together controls which are already in the instrument, either in patch edit or effects edit. It is still possible to create the same sound on other devices, but it is a bit more fiddly.