Sound Damage when I using the SC to playing everthing on my

Forum for SonicCell
mysteri666

Sound Damage when I using the SC to playing everthing on my

Post by mysteri666 »

I buy a SC 2 months ago, when I use it on my winXP PC , it's no problem , but Last month I buy a laptop which is using Vista , when I playing sound thru the SC, all the sound damage, it sound like "PIK PAK PIK PAK" , have any one have this problem too?
javaj_

Re: Sound Damage when I using the SC to playing everthing on

Post by javaj_ »

Yes, this is a known issue with wireless cards. The fix- dissable your wireless network card. On my HP, I have a physical switch that turns it off- this will fix your issue.
BobFtl

Laptop sound issues

Post by BobFtl »

I have had a smilar problem. If you laptop power supply cord on the a/c side has 3 wires/prongs, try using a ground lift adapter. The little grey or orang things you buy at the hardware store. This seems to be a ground issue. Laptops tha have a 2 wire cord usually do not have this problem.
javaj_

Re: Sound Damage when I using the SC to playing everthing on

Post by javaj_ »

Yes, it could be that as well- but definatley download the DPC Latency Checker (google it) and see if you system passes (this was how I found out my wireless was the culprit).
One way to test if it is the power adapter issue- just unplug the laptop from the wall and run on battery- does it still make the sound (if so, then you have latency issues).