SonicCell vst editor MIDI IN problem

Forum for SonicCell
Ivochkin

SonicCell vst editor MIDI IN problem

Post by Ivochkin »

Dear friends, i really need your help or advice. Today i've updated to OS 1.20 and installed editor 1.20 and now i can't use sonic cell editor the way i did it before.

I have SonicCell connected via MIDI in and OUT inputs to my RME audiointerface. In sonic cell editor (setup page) i choose multiface midi in and out accordingly to the Sonic Cell's input and out so the editor can sync with sonic cell via multiface's midi ports. I leave through option absolutly blank.

As a midi keyboard i use Virus TI connected via USB. It works perfectly as my main MIDI input device in Cubase. All instruments receive midi messages from it.

Then i add Sonic Cell editor to VSTi instruments rack, create a midi track and Select SonicCell editor as midi out for this track. But when i play on this track on my midi keyboard, sonic cell editor doesn't reproduce any sounds. I can clearly see that it receives midi messages. All volume knobs are on. This happened immediately after update.
Connecting Sonic Cell via USB doesn't solve this problem.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

P.S.: here you can download a video showing this issue:

http://depositfiles.com/files/0d5pgaa1q
pcx

Re: SonicCell vst editor MIDI IN problem

Post by pcx »

hi, am also a new user and i updated it right out of the box and i had this problem too, i could see my midi notes in live but i had no sound coming trough. i also get my midi trough usb from my virus ti, then i installed a previous os and driver and it was fine, so waiting for an solution too, anyone else had probs with the new os? after further testing got it to work with 1.20 os and editor v1.10
Ivochkin

Re: SonicCell vst editor MIDI IN problem

Post by Ivochkin »

Glad to hear i am not alone. Wrote to roland about this problem, they answered to use USB connection always. Their first answer looked stupid, because they adviced to connect via USB and, as i mentioned before, this doesn't solve the problem. But now looks like they are going to resolve this issue. Here are roland's e-mails:

Oliver.Davis@roland.co.uk
Hi.

Thank you for your email.

I have set up the Sonic Cell with Logic 5.5.1 and Sonar 8.

All works fine but I had to make sure that the output was set to the Sonic Cell VSTI.

Please connect via USB – even just for MIDI.

Also make sure the MIDI IN/OUT in the VSTI is set to Sonic Cell USB MIDI.

Regards,

Oliver Davis

Roland UK Ltd

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have just watched your video again and realised the issue you have is different than I first thought and now we are looking into with our sequencer programs.

As soon as we have tested I will send you an email. Meanwhile maybe you can provide me your address so I can log you on a customer relation database.

Kind regards,

Elliott Witherspoon
Technical Support
Roland (UK) Ltd
Office: 01792 702701
Fax: 01792 600521
Web: http://www.roland.co.uk/

Roland (UK) Limited Registered Office: Atlantic Close, Swansea, SA7 9FJ
Registered in England and Wales No: 1216941

Sent: 06 January 2009 09:19
To: 'Андрей Ивочкин'
Subject: RE: Roland Sonic Cell Editor MIDI IN problem in Cubase 4.

Dear Sir / Madam,

The Sonic cell can not trigger as audio sample set through a VSTi plugin, the Soniccell an only be used as an editor to amend patch parameters through the VSTi, this means simply that the VST allows the editor screen to be loaded while in the Cubase platform. An audio connection from the master left and right outputs of the Sonic cell into the computer’s sound card will required and a audio track created within Cubase to capture the incoming audio.

For further support I will need to log you into a customer relation database and your address will be required (this is for our information purposes only).

I hope this helps

Kind regards,

Elliott Witherspoon
Technical Support
Roland (UK) Ltd
Office: 01792 702701
Fax: 01792 600521
Web: http://www.roland.co.uk/

Roland (UK) Limited Registered Office: Atlantic Close, Swansea, SA7 9FJ
Registered in England and Wales No: 1216941