Sonic Cell Latency

Forum for SonicCell
mad955i

Sonic Cell Latency

Post by mad955i »

Hi

I'm using my Sonic Cell, with Sonar 6 Producer, and I have latency issues; it's slight but it's enough to make the Sonic Cell impossible for live use.

Are there any tricks/tips to lower the latency?

Regards
javaj_

Re: Sonic Cell Latency

Post by javaj_ »

what setting are you at?
do you have wireless enabled- that kills my latency all the time- I have a switch on my laptop to dissable and it works fine.
Also, run DPC Latency Checker while you run you DAW and see if it is something else that is causing the issues (this is how I confirmed my wireless was the issue)- it is a great tool and should be part of your audio workstation.
mad955i

Post by mad955i »

Hi

I'm not using wireless at all on my PC, the Sonic is connected to my PC via USB and my keyboard is connected to PC via USB too - there is no latency with MIDI data/sounds, they're fine, even though they're clearly going via keyboard-PC-Sonar-Sonic Cell.

Regards
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

But what is your setting for the Sonic Cell's latency?
Also, you might want to try running ASIO4ALL as it might help you (it could be other conflicts). Now, one thing I should ask- is it latency or is it pops and clicks you are having an issue with. Is it midi latency- so when you hit a key- the SC's output via headphones/line out is delayed?
If so, then someone will need to advise as that would not be a driver issue (I have zero midi latency in my setup running the SC via USB through the PC - controlled by my X-Station via USB).
Also, can you conect your controller directly to your SC and get zero latency?
mad955i

Post by mad955i »

Hi

1. When my Fatar is connected directly to the Sonic Cell, there's no latency.
2. When my Fatar is connected to my PC, via its own MIDI interface, and uses Sonar to control the Sonic Cell via MIDI, there's no latency.
3. When my Fatar is connected to my PC, via its own MIDI interface, and uses Sonar to run any VST, which is then played via the Sonic Cell, there's a delay in the sound being heard on the Sonic Cell.

The latency is simply a delay between hitting a note on the Fatar, and hearing the audio played on the Sonic Cell via the VST within Sonar. It affects all VST's, some of which are very small in terms of memory/system overhead.

Regards