Sonic Cell OS update 1.20

Forum for SonicCell
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Sonic Cell OS update 1.20

Post by Artemiy »

You can go straight to 1.20 from any version.
Piano-Paul

Post by Piano-Paul »

Hello everyone.

I just joined this forum. Am in the mid-50s, live in Germany, and just received my new (used...) Sonic Cell.

Everything worked well so far (installation on my Mac, updating the driver, updating the Editor Software, installing an SRX-board.

BUT...:
I just wanted to update the SC's firmware to 1.20 - and there seems to be a problem. DL'd the updater file, placed it on a USB memory stick (non-Roland...), switched off the device, plugged in the stick, switched on the device again - and now I got stuck. The display has been showing "Sonic Cell" for minutes now, and there doesn't seem to be any progress regarding the firmware update.

UPDATE
All fine now. Tried a different USB memory stick, and that solved the problem.
What can I do? Would it be safe to switch off the SC and remove the stick and start over? Or will I run the risk to damage the entire hardware? This of course would be a major loss...

Would be great if anyone could steer me through this procedure.

Thx in advance.
Michael
Hugo00

Post by Hugo00 »

Hello
The same thing happened to me. Does anyone know how to solve?
howardS

Post by howardS »

Is the USB drive formatted as FAT? Windows can also format as Fat32 and NTFS and Macs can format in a number of formats which I don't think work on the SonicCell including Mac OS Extended. Make sure it is formatted as FAT. I think all drives larger than 4GB are formatted with one of the newer systems and NOT FAT which is why they don't work. One way to be sure is to format it on the SonicCell as set out on page 183 of the manual.