Using VST effects

Forum for SonicCell
Gavin

Using VST effects

Post by Gavin »

Hi,

Excuse me if this is a stupid question - just getting to grips with SC. Usually when I use a soft synth VSTi I can use it multiple times for different tracks in Cubase. With SC it looks like you use one track for the Editor but then you don't use further VSTi tracks, instead you open up "Midi" tracks. Is that right?

When doing this, I find I cannot add VST effects (e.g. StereoExpander) to the Sonic Cell sounds. There is no menu option for VST FX for midi tracks.

Is it possible to add those FX to SC output? Perhaps it must be mixed down to audio first? I probably have my routing concepts confused - if someone could clarify matters that would be appreciated.
avogra

Re: Using VST effects

Post by avogra »

Hi Gavin,
i havent used SonicCell much with DAWs but as far as i can see you are on the right track. as the sound is rendered inside the soniccell and not in software, it behaves apparently a bit different to those other VSTis. if you want to use the audio from the soniccell inside your daw you have to route back the rendered audio. you need a new audiotrack and choose the soniccell as input (mind setting the soniccell to send its output to your pc). if you then playback the midi and record on the new track, you have what you looked for.

good luck :) Alex
Gavin

Post by Gavin »

Thanks Alex. I'll give that a try.
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

Add a second audio track that records the Sonic Cell audio input and add your vsti effects to that track. When you play back- only monitor the audio track and you should here your SC+effects.