sound fonts

Forum for SonicCell
einhorn

sound fonts

Post by einhorn »

Dear all,
Since 3 days I have this wonderful Sonic Cell at home. I bought it because I wanted to enrich my old roland rd 100 keyboard with some fancy sounds and so far I am quite satisfied with what I got.
The only thing is: I play the church organ normally and therefore would like to have some more flute-like sounds on the board. I checked out the (not so cheap) expansion cards and actually I miss an "organ" package the most.

Anyway, what I really wanted to ask is: is it possible to add (free or purchasable) soundfonts to the sonic cell? Or even record a sound and use it as sound wave for the sonic cell? It should, once installed on the sonic cell, work without a computer.

I hope the question is not too stupid. If it has been answered previously, please give me a hint.

Best
Felix
javaj_

Re: sound fonts

Post by javaj_ »

No, the Sonic Cell is a playback device only. Expansion is either through the SRX cards- or user-created patches (using internal waveforms). As for flutes- you would want to look at the SRX-07 I would think (has a ton of organs).
Also, not sure if the sound would be right- but you can load the Sonic Cell B4Real patch bank (found in the files section here or at the Yahoo Groups Sonic Cell user group). It emulates a Hammond though but uses sine waves to do it so it might be something you could rework for your own purpose.
einhorn

Thank you

Post by einhorn »

Dear javaj,
it seems that I have to be satisfied with what I got. Nevertheless, it's a great device.
Thank you very much for your answer, maybe I'll check out some SRX expansion boards at my dealer.

Felix