Sysex transmitted from smf?

Forum for SonicCell
FastBikerBoy

Sysex transmitted from smf?

Post by FastBikerBoy »

I'm trying to switch the state of my ctrl pedal on my Boss GT-6 via MIDI transmitted from the Sonic Cell.

The GT-6 does not recognise CC messages for the ctrl pedal state apparently so my question is...

Is it possible to send sysex messages from the Sonic Cell to the GT-6 by inserting them at the relevant time in a SMF file?

The manual states that CC messages are sent via the SMF player but it doesn't make any reference to it regarding sysex.

Thanks....
javaj_

Re: Sysex transmitted from smf?

Post by javaj_ »

I think there is a sysex window in Sonar LE. Open a SMF and insert a string- see if it saves it when you export it back to midi.
FastBikerBoy

Post by FastBikerBoy »

Thanks for the reply. I use Sonar V8 and yes the sysex will save in the MIDI file inserted via the events view.

Will the Sonic Cell echo that data to the MIDI out? I'm going to have enough trouble sorting out the sysex message so I'd rather know it will work if I get it right. I could keep trying to send it but I'm never sure if it's not working 'cos my message is wrong or because the Sonic Cell is never sending the message, if you see what I mean.
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

I don't know the answer to that. I believe this has been asked before- if a midi file, played from the SC's USB port, can output to the midi out (I believe so- you just have to echo it out- can't remember the settings).
[edit] change the Soft Through to ON in the System settings menu- see page 180 of the manual- see if that works.
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Just add any sysex tot the start of a midi file in Sonar.
Save as a midi file and Copy it to the SC USB drive.
Play it back on the SC and either record the SC output in Sonar or load MidiOx and see what the SC puts out.