read/write data

Forum for SonicCell
solo086

read/write data

Post by solo086 »

hi all,
i keep getting message "unable to read/write data" any ideas on how to solve this? i tried uninstalling/reinstalling, but still comes up

tanx

solo
javaj_

Re: read/write data

Post by javaj_ »

I have this at times when I have both my X-station and Sc connected via USB. Do you have another USB device plugged in? Also make sure your midi in and outs are pointing to the Sonic Cell.
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

I'm constantly having this problem. I'm up to date on the editor and driver and I'm on Vista 64 using Live 8. It's really frustrating. Yes, I have other USB devices hooked up. How could you not, you'd need a USB MIDI device at the least, right? I've got a MOTU microExpress, Novation Remote25 SL, and an Ampeg StealthPedal. All these devices seem fine, it's only the SonicCell that looses communications. It's very intermittent. It'll stop working and then a few minutes later it'll come back. Oddly, the entire time it'll respond to MIDI. I just can't change patches.
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

hmm, so we have something in common- Novation. The next time you get that error- unplug your Novation and see if that fixes it- very well could be some sort of driver conflict with Roland and Novation (or whoever writes the driver for Novation)- maybe there is a 3rd party developer writting them and thus we are seeing it happen with various combinations of gear.
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

Good idea, though considering the Novation plays nice with all my other stuff, and there are probably a lot more Novation keyboards out there than SonicCells, my guess is the fault is the SonicCell.
zerocrossing

Post by zerocrossing »

Well all right-ee then. Disconnecting the Novation seems to fix the problem. Even better, hooking it back up doesn't bring the problem back. Maybe it's a driver load order thing? Anyway, maybe I should open up a support ticket so they know this. I'm surprised as Novation's one of the bigger MIDI controllers.
comradec

Post by comradec »

I'm experiencing the same problem with my SonicCell, which I'm trying to use with Ableton Live 8.

It cannot seriously be the case though that the SonicCell can't be used at the same time as other MIDI controllers, can it?

I have Akai APC40 and Frontier Design TranzPort MIDI control surfaces, plus a couple of control keyboards, which I use regularly with Ableton Live 8 and often at same time.

I have followed the instructions in the SonicCell manual and also the supplementary workshop guides to using it with a DAW, as an audio interface and specifically with Ableton Live.

None of the products I am using are manufactured by Novation.