SonicCell and Fantom x songs

Forum for SonicCell
hallifax

SonicCell and Fantom x songs

Post by hallifax »

Hey,

I know that SonicCell ony has half the wave bank of the Fantom X so I know there are patch incongruities etc.

Just wondering though if anyone knows if SonicCell will open Fantom X song files (regardless of the patch discrepencies.... I'm assuming not but thought I'd ask anyway).

If so, before buying I'm thinking about taking some of my songs on a flash drive and demoing SC and see if if any of my song files work...

Anyway, thanks in advance everyone!
Cheers~
javaj_

Re: SonicCell and Fantom x songs

Post by javaj_ »

Only MIDI will work
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

No, the waveform bank in the SonicCell is reorganized and features around 50 waveforms not present in the Fantom-X. So they are not compatible directly.

However, if you load your song's patches in Fantom-X Librarian, save it as a .fxl file and send to me, I will convert them to SonicCell Librarian .scl format. Then, you export your song as a MIDI file, create a performance with these patches on the SonicCell, and play the MIDI file with that performance loaded. It should work well.
hypertrance

Post by hypertrance »

hello

is it possible to convert sonic cell path format to mc 808 patch ?
it looks to be the same sound engine as juno or fantom
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Here is a list of waveforms in the FantomX and matched to oher Roland stuff. - Note that it is only done by waveform name
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Here is the file with SC waves trying to match other Roland gear.
The 'a' in the FantomX wave (eg 123a) is just away to match the FantomS waves.
That is the Fantom X has all the Fantom S waves (I call them bank a) then a whole lot of different waves.

Hope it useful
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

I can't believe it, I attached the wrong FantomX file.

sorry.
hallifax

Post by hallifax »

Hey Artemiy, thanks :) I haven't purchased a Sonic Cell yet but will be doing so soon... I'll get my songs exported in the necessary format in the meantime. Thanks again! and Cheers~
Mick

Post by Mick »

Hello! I have a song arranged with SonicCell and now I'd like to transfer it to Fantom XR. I'd like to save the performance settings in SC to Flash card, copy the file to the CompactFlash card in my XR and use them. Is that possible? Should I use a software converter or smth like that?
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

If you have a small number of songs then I would just take the midi files (I assume you are taking about Midi and not audio) load them into your DAW and try to find matching patches in the FanXR to put at the start then save the new midi files.

Or if there aren't patch change messages a the start of the songs and you just rely on a performance setting in the SC, just spend a bit of time setting up a FanXR performance with the editors.

All the best
Royce