Is there an arpeggiater on the Sonic Cell?

Forum for SonicCell
Bigtimeplayer

Is there an arpeggiater on the Sonic Cell?

Post by Bigtimeplayer »

Or maybe, do any of the SRX expansions have some very good arpegaited sounds that can be used with the Sonic Cell?
avogra

Re: Is there an arpeggiater on the Sonic Cell?

Post by avogra »

not really an arpeggiator. but there are 2 alternatives to some degree. the easy one is the mfx 63 "Step Pitch Shifter". There you can define up to 16 steps. i'm not sure, how the results will be, never really used it :). the more complicated but probably better way would be editing the patches themselves. actually, you can use an LFO in step-mode (16 steps as well) to alter the pitch (manual page 109-112). but this involves digging quite a bit into the sound engine. if i remember right, the very last preset-performances are doing some stuff in that direction. you could get some hints there, how to modify other patches.

good luck :)
Alex
PauloF

Re: Is there an arpeggiater on the Sonic Cell?

Post by PauloF »

Hi Bigtimeplayer,
Indeed you can use the options given by avogra, but the results are not really the same we obtain with a proper Arpeggiator... I've tried to use them before going to different solutions.

One solution is to use a DAW to do that, another is to use an external sequencer, the other (better) is to use a board that does Arps natively... ;-)

This is just MHO