New owner of SonicCell

Forum for SonicCell
PauloF

New owner of SonicCell

Post by PauloF »

Hi,
After wondering some time about the new acquisition, I finally decided (for economic reasons) to buy a SonicCell to use mainly as a MIDI module to increase the polyphony and the number of layers (together with the Xa), and to act as MP3/SMF player and as usb audio streaming device, speciallly for gigs.
Just upgraded to 1.20 and off we go !!!

It is a very nice and easy to work with board !! and the sound set is much better than the one in the Xa, specially the Pianos.

Now I'm just missing a few SRX boards (in a near future, before they disappear... ;-)
javaj_

Re: New owner of SonicCell

Post by javaj_ »

If you get the SRX-07 and SRX-09 boards, then you can grab the XV patch conversions I did for them at my Sonic cell user group at Yahoo Groups (see the instructions as you have to install them in specific slots). This will give you a lot of new patches (and original versions of the revamped srx patches) with those cards. If you get 6 or 8- you can search for my name in this forum for some guides on how I converted the patches that Roland gives on the cd that comes with those particular SRX cards (which are really just collections of the original SR-JV80 cards).
PauloF

Re: New owner of SonicCell

Post by PauloF »

Javaj,
Thank you for the tip. I'll most surely do that.

Take care
pauloF