Fix VST integration with Cubase 5

Forum for SonicCell
mistletoe

Re: Fix VST integration with Cubase 5

Post by mistletoe »

Hi,

I just got a SonicCell and was aware of the issues with the VST Editor and I wasn't deterred since at least Roland have provided some forwards compatibility with Windows 7.

I don't know about mac platform, but as for PC, well it's fine to say "next generation workstation for PC users" on one hand, and when you look on the bottom of the package you read "may not work with all hosts" well personally Roland are a big corporation and have form in this area, ie making a product and then abandoning it at some point after the micro-computing world has moved on with new operating systems.

Anyway, at least you can edit via the screen, and sure it's not as convenient but have you tried to use the midi input, eg route out via a USB MIDI interface and back in via MIDI DIN?

Let me know how you go, would be a shame not to use your device because of one tiny aspect which at the end of the day was a major selling point.

Regards
Jazzmammal

Post by Jazzmammal »

I have to agree as well. I mostly use Real Band by PG Music, the Band in a Box people. It's a decent VST host but when I try to open the SC editor it gives me the SC splash screen but then an error box pops up saying "not a valid vst dll". I was really looking forward to using my SC like a software synth but, oh well. It's still a pretty nice unit with some cool features. After years of working with various hardware/software synths and many DAW PC systems I can definitely say nothing works exactly as advertised. Like the man said "just do the best you can with what you got".

Bob
mistletoe

Post by mistletoe »

The real problem here I believe is not the fact that the software doesn't work as stated but rather Rolands' obvious contempt for its' customers as evidenced in the roland uk forum.

The arrogance expressed by Roland generally is patently obvious and has been the norm for as long as one can remember. A seismic shift in attitude would be necessary in order to garner kind words from me that is for sure otherwise I can only view the product as half-working and support limited in scope and value.