no string trills - even not in SRX-04 and SRX-06

Forum for SonicCell
thoettli

no string trills - even not in SRX-04 and SRX-06

Post by thoettli »

I'm using Soniccell with 2 expansion moduls, SRX-04 Symphonic strings and SRX-06 Complete orchestra.
While reconfiguring my sound mapping tables from former SF2 sound banks I was quite astonished there are no string trills available - even not on the SRX-04 Symphonic strings.
Does someone know how to workaround this to get realistic sounding trills on a Soniccells?

Thanks, Thomas
piaknowguy

Re: no string trills - even not in SRX-04 and SRX-06

Post by piaknowguy »

Hi Thomas!

I need to start out by saying that I do not use a SonicCell, but own both an 'X' and 'G'. On both of these boards, adding a trill is a reasonably simple task, involving the Step LFO and Modulation Control data allocation. Unfortunately, I do not believe that the SonicCell has a Step LFO, which may make things alittle more complicated.

On the 'G', a 'passable' alternative is to use a Square Wave LFO with it's 'Offset' set to +100, that way, your 'trill' never plays below the desired pitch.

*The Control 1 Source is set to CC01 (Modulation).
*The Control 1 Destination 1 is set to LFO1 Pitch Depth.
*The Control 1 Sens 1 is set to +14 (this value can vary depending on the 'type' of trill you wish to play.

Sorry I couldn't help you further!
PiaKnowGuy
Please listen to 'Pirates' done entirely on the Fantom X8

PiaKnow
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

piaknowguy, never underestimate the power of Roland engines! :-) SonicCell does have a step LFO and all other goodies in the Fantom-X (except for samples, of course).
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Hi Art! Thanks for that! I just found it in the manual!! (I hate reading those things!) =)

BTW I have been learning to appreciate just how amazing the 'G's 64 Step LFO really is! You have always extolled its virtues, and now I am beginning to understand why!

Cheers!
PiaKnowGuy
Please listen to 'Pirates' done entirely on the Fantom X8

PiaKnow
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, the 64 step LFO is a very cool tool. Glad you're exploring it's possibilities!