Windows 7?

Forum for SonicCell
ve2cjw

Windows 7?

Post by ve2cjw »

Anybody know if Sonic Cell will work with Windows 7? I want to upgrade and it's the only piece of hardware I am worrying about. Thanks for any info.
Mike.
javaj_

Re: Windows 7?

Post by javaj_ »

My drivers are working fine on the RC but I have not actually plugged it in and ran it through its paces (waiting on my 2 copies to arrive any day now). I will post once I do the upgrade to the full version (will be going 64bit at first to see if everything works well).
javaj_

Re: Windows 7?

Post by javaj_ »

I finally got my real copies so am currently installing 7 x64 on my laptop. I will see how it works with the Sonic Cell (crossing fingers) and post here.

[edit] bad news. I did the upgrade to x64 Win 7 which means fresh install. The Roland driver installation package says I don't have the right OS version for the driver. So I will not be able to run the Sonic Cell yet until Roland releases Win 7 drivers. I think people will have success when they upgrade from an exisitng Vista version.

But this brings up a huge issue- if you are running Windows XP- you must do a fresh install (and thus, won't be able to install the Vista drivers as the installer won't recognize 7). Uh oh!