SONIC CELL PROBLEM

Forum for SonicCell
jasper

SONIC CELL PROBLEM

Post by jasper »

Hi All,good to be on board just joined up on the forum,after having it recommended to me, getting on a bit in the age stakes but still not to old to join in the goings on in Roland Clan,have had a Sonic Cell for a while now but have struggled trying to get to grips with the workings of this testing (for me anyway) piece of equipment.I am at the moment having a problem trying to get the usb ports to recognise the Sonic Cell,whenever i start up the computer once it is up & running i insert the usb cable from the Sonic cell module into the usb port on the computer then turn on the sonic cell nothing happens ,i am using cakewalk sonar le which came with it,if i then put the sonic cell disc in the computer drive it opens up & i am instructed to uninstall & then reinstall the Driver,after this it may recognise the sonic cell as found new hardware thene.after customising the midi using the editor function i have a problem saving it so that when it is needed to make further changes it may be opened up with all of the changes that were made previously held in place,do you save using sonar le or in the editor screen,any help would be appreciated.I noticed that the driver that seems to want reinstlling every time with the disc seems to be the culprit,does it need an update,best wishes to all jasper
karlosserio

Re: SONIC CELL PROBLEM

Post by karlosserio »

The usb port on the computer acts irregularly depending on a lot of diferent situations. I would recommend to reinstall the driver and then restart the computer with the usb cable from the SonicCell already connected. The computer recognizes most devices on startup, and if it's always connected in that specific usb slot the computer itself will expect it's presence. When you find it working don't change the usb port slot; leave there since the computer already assigned a function driver to that specific location.
Keep in mind that there's always ocasions that crashing of the driver and momentary problems may occur with diferent programs or with excessive number of usb slots being used in a computer.
jasper

Post by jasper »

Hi,thanks so much for such a speedy response Re,Sonic cell driver problem,i will certainly follow your advice & let you know of my progress,i guess my next question is "what is the correct way to save a midifile that has been edited using the editor function,things such as changing instruments,levels etc,etc,at the moment i make all of the changes and i am using Sonar le to save as/normal/and then put it in a specified file where i can bring it up when i may need to make a few more changes to the midi.i am finding that when i bring the midi back up again in sonar the midifile has increased in size ie,it has gone from being say for instance 80kb to as much as 800kb which makes me think that it has been edited correctly,when i open it in sonar once it has been edited to the new increased size the editor page opens up at the same time showing all of the latest instrument/level changes but the actual sounds are not the new ones i saved on the last edit,ie,the bass channel will show that it iswhat i altered it to,say for instance i changed it from a ac bass to a slap bass it will still show up as a slap bass on the editor but infact it has reverted back to the original ac bass,this applies to any other instruments i have altered,i am putting the instruments that are displayed in the sonar channels back to "None"before making the instrument changes in the editor ,i am probably very close to getting it right so any help on this problem is very much appreciated,it may be in fact that the new edited midi does not actually save the new sounds of the instruments i have entered in the editor and when it is brought back up again it only shows the instrument alterations and you have to re-enter them again to listen to the new sounds,i hope i have not made this to confusing,if so its probably the age thing kicking in again,many thanks for hearing me out,Jasper
jasper

Post by jasper »

Hi karlosserio,many thanks for your suggestions,i have done as you advised ,i did have a faulty component on my computer which has been replaced under warranty,but since then i have also made sure i use the same usb port for my sonic cell & all works fine,i appreciate your very sound advice,Yours, Jasper
karlosserio

Post by karlosserio »

Glad the usb port got up and running. In relation to your midi related problem i'm not sure how to help, can you try to rephrase? Thanks.