How to route USB audio through the MFX EQ?

Forum for SonicCell
Noteman

How to route USB audio through the MFX EQ?

Post by Noteman »

Well I have really simple problem, the MFX EQ doesnt seem to apply to USB audio sent from the sonic cell.

Its a big problem because the levels are too hot and get disorted, I need the EQs gain control (and I want the EQ anyway).

The manual clearly states that the USB out should go through the Mastering stage (It does go through the compression, but not the EQ).

thanks.
avogra

Re: How to route USB audio through the MFX EQ?

Post by avogra »

are you sure, the mastering section is enabled at all? in the editor, when you are in performance screen, you can find a mastering switch on the top right.
yet, i'm a bit puzzled, because one time, you talk about mfx eq, the other time about mastering stage, which are two different things. if your overall output level is too high, i would consider to decrease each instrument a bit, because i don't think, you can get rid of the distortion with the mastering stage, if the input into it is already too high. but i could surely be wrong there :)

good luck!

/edit: i just looked into the editor once more, and i couldn't find the master EQ anywhere. but if i look into "mastering section" everything there is the compressor. so maybe the manual is completely right, but the master EQ doesn't belong to the mastering section? hmm, weird....