Sonic cell Newbie - looking for 80s patches

Forum for SonicCell
Paulos

Sonic cell Newbie - looking for 80s patches

Post by Paulos »

Hi
I have just purchased a SC and will use it in live using a Roland RD300SX stage piano as controller. I have a BIG gig coming up where the band has to play lots of 80's songs so I am looking for some patches for some well known 80s songs liek Don't you forget about me, Livin on a prayer, I ran etc.
I have only had the SC a few days and managed to get pretty close to some of the sounds but I just wondered if there are some downloads available. I found a link to a download are on this site but it did not work.

Any help gratefully received.

thanks
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Sonic cell Newbie - looking for 80s patches

Post by Artemiy »

Do you mean this link?
http://www.rolandclan.com/library/soniccell/

What didn't work exactly? All these patches are fully compatible with the SonicCell.

Also, you can check some commercial patches from Sinevibes:
http://www.sinevibes.com/juno/
Paulos

Post by Paulos »

Thanks for the links! I can't remember the other link I found but it was a broken link. Anyway I have downloaded the patches. I can't open the tweakbook zip (says invalid zip - I tried re-downloading several times) I am using powerarchiver so perhaps I need to get the latest update. Anyway thanks again.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

That zip should be fine, you can try to open it with another tool like 7-zip (it's free).
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

Yes, I can say you will definately want to get Sinevibes patches for the Sonic Cell. Also, get the XV patches as well. You will want to pickup up some SRX cards as well- I am thinking SRX 07 to start with.