Program Change Problems

Forum for SonicCell
superspuds

Program Change Problems

Post by superspuds »

Hi,

I have programmed my Numa Nano to send 85,000 on channel 16 to change my performance preset patches. But when I switch patches the soniccell switches into GM and just changes GM patches. But the odd thing is when I go into the setup on my keyboard and select each program change manually, it works.
audioproduction

Re: Program Change Problems

Post by audioproduction »

Hi, I'm also looking to purchase a Numa Nano mostly for its light weight. Please could you comment on the keybed and action. How do they compare to DP models such as Yamaha CP33 and Roland RD?

Do you find the integration with Sonicell adequate beside the issue you have with program change?

Thanks
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

just going through the manual
Check out Page 255 and 274.
superspuds

Post by superspuds »

I have read the manual thoroughly (as I do for all manuals) hence how I got the settings 85 and 000 already from the pages you suggest, and was stated in my original post. I think it may be a problem with the nano as I have no trouble with my other controllers.

I like the nano's keyboard.... It's not as good as the higher end weighted keyboards but it's good enough. The main reason I bought it was because of the exceptional lightness of it. It only weights 22Ibs, which is amazing for a weighted 88 key keyboard.

I found a work around with the program changes. I save each patch with a different channel on my keyboard and each patch then plays a different sound on different channels in performance mode on the module. Though your restricted to 16 channels then have to change the performance patch when you run out. I'd prefer to have program changes as normal really.
HansT

Post by HansT »

Hi,
have you checket that the Soniccell doesn't receive any system exclusive messages on midifiles or sent from you controller telling the soundsection to be swithed into GM mode?

I don't have a SC myself but uses a Fantom XR. If I play standard midifiles from an external sequenser (example files downloaded from the Internet), these files comes with Sys ex. data that automaticly changes my module into GM performance setup.
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

Yes, definately turn of the GM mode in the settings and see if that fixes the issue. You might also want to record the program change sysex and view it in your DAW to see if the keyboard automatically sends out the GM reset before the program change.
audioproduction

Post by audioproduction »

Hi,

I tried the Numa Nano and I can confirm that it transmits a GM reset sysex message each time you change a patch. It also reset volume and sustain on all channels.

There is no system option to turn off sysex. You d could ask Studiologic to develop a fix in the next firmware release.
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

I believe you can tell the SC to disregard GM reset messages.