Quick Question re: FX

Forum for SonicCell
mister

Quick Question re: FX

Post by mister »

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about how the effects work, in that there are 3 processors, which I believe is on a per patch/performance basis rather than per part, with an additional stereo processor for the main outputs.

If someone could confirm it would be most helpful and appreciated.

Thank you
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Quick Question re: FX

Post by Artemiy »

There are 3 MFX processors which work as insert effects (one select processor per part), plus chorus/delay and reverb processors which are send effects (so any part can be sent to them with their own send level). So you have 5 effects processors shared between 16 parts.
mister

Re: Quick Question re: FX

Post by mister »

Thanks for sharing that information.

So I guess that means I can use individual MFX insert processors (3) shared between 16 parts of the device. As well there are 3 send effects available via a stereo send.

Of course I would like to be corrected if I am wrong.

Also, in addition there are (2) output effects that cannnot be used relative to individual parts, performances or otherwise patches and only the MFX's can be used on a per performance basis, ie., together or using a single patch.

Anyway, it's only really a pity that COSM from the digital mixers wasn't implemented in some meaningful way but we can't have 'em all I guess.

Thank you once more.