Great forum ! - So therefore a question

Forum for SonicCell
mystery

Great forum ! - So therefore a question

Post by mystery »

I've been reading about the soniccell and like its' design very much even though it seems very complicated and in some areas the manual fails to unravel that complexity.

Anyway the question I have is I'd like to know how possible it might be to use the sonic cell purely as a listening device in addition to having its' sounds triggered via midi.

I like the idea of MIDI over usb of course and am aware that audio can be pumped "down the line" as it were and back (even if track by track) but I'm interested in using it as a mixer as well, ie can you have audio from the workstation, sounds from the onboard tone generator, as well as listen on the inputs to another souce and how would this work with effects.

Any responses would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Great forum ! - So therefore a question

Post by Artemiy »

SonicCell has only one stereo input, so you can't plug two different sources into it. The source that you do plug into it can be processed with the internal effects indeed. Plus, you can use the USB file player to play a MIDI or audio file along with what you hear.
mystery

Post by mystery »

but not a midi and audio file together is that right?

About the effects, I understand a stereo is equivalent to a 1x mono source, so I will look again at the input configuration but still need to know about the effects, ie can I use them on either the input or usb audio or parts individually, that is in stereo of course but there are what seems to be 3x MFX so can those be used anywhere so to speak.

Thanks again
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

No, you can't have more than one file in the audio/MIDI player. As for the input, stere is 2x mono, however each goes to left or right speaker so it makes no sense to plug in two different sources.
mystery

Post by mystery »

Thanks for that answer.

So what about to record then, does the same panning situation apply?