Synth Editor?

Forum for SonicCell
billw

Synth Editor?

Post by billw »

I'm about to sell my G7 and replace it with a SonicCell plus A-37 (I also have two G6s). Has anybody done anything with the synth editor that Roland released? I saw a lot of noize about it early on and then nothing. It seems like it would be a lot of fun to treat the SC's engine as a VA...just wondering whether anybody has made any interesting sounds this way.

Bill
javaj_

Re: Synth Editor?

Post by javaj_ »

You can do all the functions using the normal editor- all they did was map the key paramters into a nice interface.
BUT- for some odd reason, they only released it for PC and not Mac- so I am out of luck. I was watching SonicStates Gaia preview and was thinking that I should look at what similarities there are with the programming for the SC- Art probably knows.
billw

Post by billw »

Well, the G7 is sold and the Sonic Cell is on its way so I'll get a chance to experiment with it firsthand. I will report back with my impressions.
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

are you getting any SRX cards?
billw

Post by billw »

Eventually I'll pick up the SRX-07. I've owned it and the Sonic Cell together before.
Noteman

Post by Noteman »

The problem with the editor is mostly that, they dont give you control over all the functions.

Also the pulse wave is if I remember correctly 10% and you cant modify that - in short you can only select some of the waves of the synth (there are many pulse waves in the SC with different widith). They should have just included a number next to the wave type that would sweep through all the different saw/pulse/sqare.... waves of the sonic cell. And also include other functions that SC has.
billw

Post by billw »

I have only had the Sonic Cell a few days but that was my first impression. My SRX-07 is coming today...it would be nice to be able to substitute some of the synth waves with those on the expansion card (i.e., use a Moog saw instead of the generic internal saw wave). I might use the synth editor once in a while to rough out ideas quickly and then go into the advanced editor to polish them.
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

Yes, the main editor can do all the synth editor can do- so you just have to squint more- that's all.

Don't forget to download my SRX-07/SR-JV80 conversions I did (you can find them in the file section at the Sonic Cell User Group at Yahoo groups).
billw

Post by billw »

Thanks for the reminder about your converted patches javaj. I'll grab those now.

Bill
Piano-Paul

Post by Piano-Paul »

You guys are talking about a Synth Editor other than the Sonic Cell Editor that came with the device, right? Any ideas where to obtain this? Checked various Roland sites, but to no avail.

Thx in advance.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Piano-Paul

Post by Piano-Paul »

Wow - that was fast! Thank you.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Enjoy !! ;-)