Soniccell System Midi Settings

Forum for SonicCell
RD+Soniccell

Soniccell System Midi Settings

Post by RD+Soniccell »

Just looking for some advice on the System Midi Settings.

My cursor/value dial started to act up and motivated me to start learning how to use my midi controller (Edirol PCR-800) to control my Soniccell during performances. Most important, I want to be able to change performances using Program Change and the value knob on the PCR.

It worked straight out-of-the-box, but I noticed that if I moved certain other controls on the PCR, that the Soniccell would stop responding to Program Change messages. In my ignorance, I reboot the Soniccell when this happens (bummer while on stage).

I found that after turning all the System Midi settings off, except RX Program Change, that this does not happen. Turned off: Bank Select, Exclusive, GM System, GM2 System and GS Reset.

Is this ok? Will this impact using Soniccell editor, librarian, Logic 8?

If it is important, I have the PCR set to use factory control map 14 (GM), don't really adjust sounds much during performance, but would be nice to use at some point.

Thanks.

Also, Ordered a new cursor/value control from Roland for $20, but they said it needs to be ordered from Japan and may take 4-6 weeks to receive.
RD+Soniccell

Re: Soniccell System Midi Settings

Post by RD+Soniccell »

Forgot one detail, I set Perform Ctrl Ch to 1 (was 16).