Just got a Sonic Cell used for US$300!

Forum for SonicCell
canefire

Just got a Sonic Cell used for US$300!

Post by canefire »

After much patience I finally bought the SC for the price I truly believe it is worth. When they first came out I was shocked when I saw it in Guitar Center for $850. No way!!! Figured I would keep making music and wait a year or so. I already have a Fantom S88 so I wanted (not needed) the fantom X sounds, the new sounds in the SC, and now I have a place for my 5th SRX card that I used to have to take in and out of the fantom S.
I think my studio will be finally complete when I snag another VS 2000. Those things are selling dirt cheap now. If I can get one for $350 then I am set no more virtual track toggling. Sync the two units and have 30 tracks to mix with.
Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you guys in here. Peace
Ian
javaj_

Re: Just got a Sonic Cell used for US$300!

Post by javaj_ »

Yes, nice score. Too bad you can't get an equivalent deal on SRX cards.
canefire

Post by canefire »

I have a feeling that in the near future the SRX cards are going to go up in value. Similar to how the vocal card for the V-synth is now hard to find. I luckily got one rather cheap but I hear of people buying them for $300.
The story of my life is about buying gear once the novelty has worn of. Gear de-values and I don't have money to waste.
Only one of my SRX cards I paid for at top dollar. All of the others I bought used. The one I bought full price was on sale for US$180. The others I got here and there for $150, $120 and thereabouts.
This Sonic Cell is nice...I like it's ease of use. I haven't hooked it up to the fantom yet. I put the Orchestra card in it.
Later
Ian
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

The SC is a great little unit. It was a tabletop half-brother to the G with the DNA of an X thrown in (with a surgical removal of sampling). Or- you can say you got yourself a nice Fantom G SRX expander (as now you get Fantom X sounds, 2 SRX, and all the XV sounds from the download section). You might want to download the files at the Yahoo Sonic Cell group in case you one day get an SRX 07 or 09. I converted the JV80 patches for the Sonic Cell so you can really get alot of patces to play.
canefire

Post by canefire »

So after owning a sonic cell for almost a week I must say this is a great unit. I just got finished installing the drivers and the editor on my computer and I am happy to say it worked out flawlessly. I updated from version 1.04 to 1.20.
I am impressed with the editing screen and will certainly be adding my old XP desktop to my studio. The ease of use for editing in wonderful. I presently do not use a computer in my studio as I have a roland VS2000. The sounds on it are great and I am very happy with the purchase. I may buy a brass or a strings srx...not sure.
Cheers,
Ian