Considering buying SONICCELL for mac, HELP

Forum for SonicCell
krockarooni

Considering buying SONICCELL for mac, HELP

Post by krockarooni »

So i am considering buying a sonic cell for a couple reasons.
1. I am running on an older mac 10.4.11 and i think that hardware wil put less strain on my computer.
I am using logic 9 and everything is working pretty well so i dont see a need to upgrade computers at the moment. My main question is will the sonic cell have any problems running on my mac, i dont want to buy it off ebay only to find it wont work.

2. I am using a standard m-audio keystation-49e standard piano midi controller, it should all work fine i assume but if not let me know!

3. I want to get into recording some guitar as well, is there any delay when i strum the guitar to when i hear the sound come out from my computer?

thanks in advance for any help guys, i hope to be a contributing member as soon as my cell arrives..
ps-is $500 too much to spend on this, its the avg price on amazon and ebay ?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Considering buying SONICCELL for mac, HELP

Post by Artemiy »

1. Should have no issues with SonicCell with your Mac, as it only requires an audio and MIDI stream via USB. I have a not-so-fast 1.83 GHz Core Duo iMac and it does very well with Fantom-G.

2. Any MIDI controller would do.

3. I am able to get about 8-10 ms latency without problem with Fantom-G, which is very acceptable, and I think SonicCell will do just as well.
krockarooni

Post by krockarooni »

Very helpful! thanks so much, any ideas on the cost? $500 seem fair? any ideas where i can pick one up for cheaper?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

They used to retail for about $1000 in US, but now that they're being sold out, you can get one new for $600-650. I think $450-500 is real for a used unit, although a new one is not that far away.
Piano-Paul

Post by Piano-Paul »

Got mine for 300 EUR (382 USD) on ebay Germany recently. Runs great with MacPro and MacBook Pro (SnowLeopard).