Srx expansion cards, worth it ?

Forum for SonicCell
krockarooni

Srx expansion cards, worth it ?

Post by krockarooni »

Anyone have any srx cards installed ? they run for about $200 on ebay, worth it? Would love to hear your opinions, also how many preset sounds on average per expansion card?
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: Srx expansion cards, worth it ?

Post by Artemiy »

Yes, they are of really great quality. And for $200 they almost double the sound palette of your SonicCell.

Oh yes, don't forget to look at our Library for extra sounds:
http://www.rolandclan.com/library/soniccell/

And here as well:
http://www.sinevibes.com/juno/
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

They vary a lot... I got SRX-03 "Studio" which only has 128 presets but I created some patches based on the card's waveforms. If you're looking for lots and lots of presets, go for 05 - 09. All other cards have only 128 presets, sometimes even less. But they usually do very well what they're supposed to do. IMHO I think only Yamaha XS waveforms get close enough (although not a perfect match) to SRX waveforms. My view: SRX > Yamaha XS > Roland stock > Korg. Don't take my opinion for granted, though.
krockarooni

Post by krockarooni »

wow awesome guys thanks so much, thats really great news! thanks for the quick answers!
javaj_

Post by javaj_ »

SRX-07 and 09 will add about 400+ patches each.
HumanSonic

Post by HumanSonic »

Just installed a SRX-01- excellent. I use my Sonic Cell for backtracks in a "one man band" though technically I have a good Japanese band ha ha. Don't underestimate the internal kits though. I insert a limiter into the drum channel 10, with a sysex,and that gets them jumping. A gain of about 3-4db with threshold on 100 just to boost them as they seem a little low in volume. Same for the SRX-01 sounds. Can anyone help with a INS file for the SRX-01 for Sonar LE????