HELP MAJOR HELP!!!

Forum for SonicCell
JimbaFrosty

HELP MAJOR HELP!!!

Post by JimbaFrosty »

I have bought a sonic cell. i have down loaded and installed the following....

- Driver
-VSTi editor
-New Os
NOW i cant install the new os but i have installed the rest

now.....i can load the vsti in reaper no problem but i get no midi and no sound. i did read the online manual and follow it but no dice on using my midi controller to trigger the sound from the unit or hear sound (cos i was able to use the virtual keyboard thats in the vsti)

I have windows vista 32bit and ill offer any more information

if someone has aim and or msn and can basically do a live help with me ill do any legal favor back no problem lol
JimbaFrosty

Re: HELP MAJOR HELP!!!

Post by JimbaFrosty »

anyone? ive figured out some work arounds but they dont help much since i cant export edit much since im not using the editor. im just sequencing the sonic cell right into reaper and having the computer speakers hooked up to it to hear it. this is not how i wanna use it. i just wanna use it like how its advertised. Use it as a interface and use the vsti editor to sequence the sounds and what not. if i cant do this im selling this and not bothering with roland products. im not a dumb ass and i know theirs something im missing but having help from the roland community would actually be some help. thanks
JimbaFrosty

Post by JimbaFrosty »

still need help. thanks
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

I wasn't able to understand what connections you're using and if you actually can comunicate with the SonicCell. Can you give us some more detail?
JimbaFrosty

Post by JimbaFrosty »

I can communicate to it and i did get teh vst editor to work with it. the only problem now is audio is starting to crack and pop and distort and it gets worse and worse.
I dont think its latency or buffer settings cos im not adding anything else ijust play a melody and at first it sounds fine but then it starts to distort more and more and more.

and this dosent happen to the sonic cell sounds its the whole project. again i wont add new sounds ill ahve the same thing going just but just playing a melody trying to come up with somthing and it gets worse and worse. ill post my sonic cell and reaper settings when i get home
V-CeeOh

Post by V-CeeOh »

crack and pop and distort

Wow, you already made a hit? ;-)

Seriously, this behaviour is most usually due to latency. Still, to be sure, you should try to play the SonicCell with a direct MIDI cable and see how it goes.
I'll be waiting for your settings and try to help.
JimbaFrosty

Post by JimbaFrosty »

im sending the unit back. thanks for the help.