VST Editor - SonicCell

Forum for SonicCell
mistletoe

VST Editor - SonicCell

Post by mistletoe »

Hi All

I have managed to get the Plug in version of the editor to show in Cubase but functions are limited, eg cannot get to the GM presets, also you cannot open .sce files.

Any news on a fix?

Thanks
rpeatfield

Re: VST Editor - SonicCell

Post by rpeatfield »

If you check out some earlier posts you will see the VST editor does not work properly in Cubase. Roland know about the problem and have been "investigating" for well over 6 months now....
whistleblower

Post by whistleblower »

Hi,

I found that the editor *partially* works, ie it does work but not all functions are available.

You can work around this by instancing the standalone editor via the MIDI port and loading/editing sounds & effects, save the .sce file, open Cubase and read the settings then adjust volumes accordingly.

Once that is done save the preset and it will load with the project.

Sure it's a work around, and as much as I abhor Roland' behavior in this area and their treatment of customers generally, ie if you don't buy the latest thing you are not a customer patronizing phone support etc., but it is a great sounding well designed module after all.
rpeatfield

Post by rpeatfield »

I agree, it's a great sound.
For me, I need something that works with my DAW - not Roland trying to stuff Sonar down my throat. I wish they would listen to their customers, not their marketing people :-(
whistleblower

Post by whistleblower »

I understand.

I've never heard the Motif for example, but I'd say the Roland would have a better sound, even if not as editable, but as many people say on the internet, it's meaningless if there is no support, however thankfully the driver is very stable and rarely (for me) shows signs of stress by way of crackling and so on so in that respect it is doing it's job.

The fact that there is even a standalone editor, is a great plus when you get down to the nuts and bolts of everyday operations, that being not having to even look at the module for most functions particularly music composition.

I'm happy with what I bought, I know there are many who have sold theirs due to being unable to make do in the way that I have for example.

If Roland/Steinberg/(Microsoft) can do something here, it would be a fabulous future since surely other models of Roland Tech work via similar principles?

Kindest regards