Cubase 5.5.1

Forum for SonicCell
whistleblower

Cubase 5.5.1

Post by whistleblower »

Hi all.

I am writing to report that since Cubase version 5.1.2, the plug in editor (for me) has worked albeit it only partially in that the former version did not allow editing of sounds however volumes were, and still are, available to be changed.

The difference now is when you go to open the Sub-window for changing presets, it crashes the host consistently and brings down the audio interface software with it.

It would be really good if Roland corp. could be more forthcoming with information as to their findings, if any, otherwise what are customers to think?

Regards
rpeatfield

Re: Cubase 5.5.1

Post by rpeatfield »

It's been a long outstanding issue, Roland have been "investigating" for over 8 months - you can read into what "investigating the problem" for that long really means for customers like you and me...

I just bought Halion Sonic and it is amazing, a software instrument that has incredible quality sounds, looks like my sonic cell is going to ebay.
whistleblower

Re: Cubase 5.5.1

Post by whistleblower »

As a show of faith, there are quite a few features which could be implemented such as a search function for presets.

My view is that Roland is such a big company they have an end-user support system which is not targeted towards innovation from the grass roots, ie the customer but is rather more focused on reinforcement of the basics such as "getting started" or FAQ.

At the end of the day all users can really do is write to Roland directly.

I understand Roland have a call center, but my view is unless I can get an answer in writing even if only in confidence then they (the company) do not really deserve my time so I must therefore accept whatever situation is metered out and work within the limitations of a half-baked solution.

What I am saying I guess is the editor loads the sounds via the plugin and I can change volumes as well as edit sounds so I can work for now but it doesn't reflect very well on the maker of the product as far as I am concerned.