New SonicCell owner

Forum for SonicCell
comradec

New SonicCell owner

Post by comradec »

Hello there.

I have recently acquired a SonicCell, together with the BKT-S and PDS-10 stands.

I'm hoping that it will provide a solution to the problems involved in trying to put several songs on a single project for a live set on the Fantom-G that I also own. That really is a nightmare. The only practical way of writing songs on the Fantom-G is to work on the basis of one song per project but it's very difficult then to bring together the data from a group of songs. Hopefully, the ability to play MIDI/audio files on the SonicCell will enable me to perform live without days of extra programming work.

I will also be able to use the SonicCell's sound module with a smaller control keyboard (such as my Gaia SH-01), which will save me having to take a heavy synth workstation to small-scale gigs, like the singer-songwriter nights that I sometimes play.

And I plan to use the SonicCell as a USB audio interface and sound module with Ableton Live 8 Suite. I have found Native Instruments Kontakt 3.5 to be a less than reliable VSTi due to frequent freeze-ups and note sticking, whatever the buffer settings.

No questions from me at this stage of the proceedings but I look forward to participating in the forum, both to ask questions and hopefully to answer some too.

--
Steve Cooke
http://soundcloud.com/stevecooke
http://www.facebook.com/comradec
PauloF

Re: New SonicCell owner

Post by PauloF »

Hi comradec,
Welcome to the SonicCell world !!

Very nice and versatile little machine!!
I'm using it as:
1- my secondary Sound module
2-USB audio card
3- also using it's MFX3 to process effects from my V-Synth XT direct outs (that have no effects) or to add effects to any other device.
4- and of course, using it's Audio/midi Player
Very handy

Enjoy it
Cheers