Editing parts of a performance

Forum for SonicCell
wakjob

Editing parts of a performance

Post by wakjob »

I've read this part of the manual over and over and I must be missing something obvious. The manual says that I can change parts by selecting them in performance mode. So when I do this on USER 01 setting, all but part 1 do not send a signal. I cannot hear the patch i have selected for part 2. I can only hear part 1 when I play the keyboard. I get how to assign a patch to the part. Now how do I hear it? There are of course the presets that have 4 or 5 parts with different patches playing at once and I can hear all of them, but its not working for me trying to make my own performance. Help would be very appreciated.
rcraven

Re: Editing parts of a performance

Post by rcraven »

The Performance consists of 16 Parts.
Each part can be made to listen to any ONE of the 16 Midi channels.
Your keyboard is probably putting out Midi data on channel 1.
This can usually be changed but leave it for now.
The User 1 performance is probably set up to respond to Midi channel 1 on Part 1 and Midi channel 2 on Part 2, Midi channel on Part 3 etc.

If you want 2 patches to sound when you press a note on the keyboard you need to set another part to Midi channel 1.

Open the Editor on the PC. Press PERFORM in the Mode Box on the top left
Press the MIDI button about half way down on the left.
Look at Part 2, next to it is RCV Channel, the Midi Receive channel. Move the slider to make it channel 1.

Part 1 and part 2 should now sound when you press a key.
You can have any or all set to channel 1. ie up to 16 parts playing on channel 1
Save the Performance.

All the best
Royce