splits splits splits

Forum for SonicCell
hildafunk

splits splits splits

Post by hildafunk »

HOWDY! All I want to do with this unit is split the sounds up to four times on my controller, using the sounds already provided on the module. How can I easliy do this without using the editor and making them from scratch? Is there any easy way to split pianos with organs or synth basses with leads? Or even do it three or four differnt times?

Thanks!
hildafunk

Re: splits splits splits

Post by hildafunk »

this is for live performance!
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Hi,
The best way to set it up is by using the Editor, and then save it to a Performance in the User Bank.
Using the SC's interface is a kick in the b....
anotherscott

Post by anotherscott »

Depending on your controller, it might be easier to program the splits on the controller. You can often use the controller's own features to determine split points, and MIDI channels for different keyboard regions, and easily change the MIDI channels on the fly (often the easiest way to change sounds), or turn overlapping zones on and off on the fly (another easy way to change sounds live), or you can actually often program the patch changes right into the controller without much difficulty. So sometimes it might be easier to tackle it from "the other side."
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

Very well spotted.That is a very good option too.
I use it all the time
;-)