Using USB sticks with Sonic Cell

Forum for SonicCell
pedwards2932

Using USB sticks with Sonic Cell

Post by pedwards2932 »

I have owned a Sonic Cell for over a year and am just now getting into really using it. I have read all the tutorials and have been able to edit midi files in Sonar Home Studio to get them to sound like I want. Then I use the Sonic Cell Editor to create the sysex file that saves these settings. I then import that midi file into a midi track on the midi song I am working on and then save all as a midi file. Then I transfer that to a usb stick and it seemed to work. I did the same thing with another song and it seems after I play one song it changes all the performance settings so when I play the next it doesn't sound right at all (wrong sounds and mix) so I don't think it is reading the performance data. I bought the Sonic Cell specifically for this feature so I could use it for backing tracks as a stand alone. The manual does a lot to address how the use the sounds on the Sonic Cell but has very little concerning the usb stick portion. If I just drop a midi file on the USB stick it uses GM sounds and although it sounds okay I can really make it sound a lot better if I pick the sounds, add effects, and do the mixing. Please any help would be appreciated as I am a guitar player and even though I use guitar synths a lot of this midi stuff is out of my realm on knowledge.