Sonic cell reset

Forum for SonicCell
DennAbelFrank

Sonic cell reset

Post by DennAbelFrank »

Used my SC for the first time live the other night as a midi player.(replaced my Dr Synth)
I "init perf" after every song to reset the SC (Didn't have to do this with the Dr Synth)
However, to my horror, one song played the guitar track a full tone above every other track..had to turn off the SC, reload (this took a couple of minutes) and then start again.
This time it played ok..now I realise that the previous track must have ended on a pitch bend but would have thought that the "init perf" would have overridden this..
Am going back to the Dr Synt until I find out how to correct this major defect..A shame cos the sounds are excellent!
Is there a sysex message that will reset the sc back to default? Any clever people out there able to help?
PauloF

Re: Sonic cell reset

Post by PauloF »

Why did you have to do an "INIT PERF" when changing songs ?

Why not just changing from one Performance to the other (adapted for the next song)?

I'm afraid I'm missing the point here... could you clarify what you are trying to achieve?
DennAbelFrank

Post by DennAbelFrank »

Welcome to publish your ideas and Suggestions
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

??????
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

It sounds like your Midi files are setting patches and perhaps are finishing with some controllers and / or the pitchbend not in the zero position.

If you make one performance 'init perf' , say USER Performance 3 for example, you just need to flip to Performance 2 then back to Performance 3 to reset.

This usually works, but you might like to try an alternative.
Press 'Midi Inst' and 'Part View' buttons together to go to Patch mode.
Do it again and you are back in Performance mode and the odd things should be reset.

Of course, it would be better to fix the rogue Midi files.

All the best

Royce Craven