SRX-01

Forum for SonicCell
DEVO-UK

SRX-01

Post by DEVO-UK »

Anyone using his board with their SC?

Reviews look like it goes back to 2000, so surely out of date.

Are the kits any better than the in house kits on the SC?
trizzy

Re: SRX-01

Post by trizzy »

Hi there,

Yes I'm using the SRX-01 board in my Sonic Cell and the sounds are great but I'm hoping someone on here has an .ins file for Sonar as I can't access the expansion board sounds when playing back my midi files. However yes the sounds are great.

Hope this helps

Wayne
piaknowguy

Post by piaknowguy »

Done! Just right-click and save-target-as on this link for the SRX file.
canefire

Post by canefire »

The drum sounds will be the same ones used in many other roland srx cards however you will get a few others. I think it is a better bet to get a card that has more than just drum sounds. The platinum tracks, the supreme dance, studio, and the ultimate keys will give you sufficient drum sounds and lots of other goodies. I also own the roland dr880 and those sounds are the same ones on the drum card.
You can buy a dr880 used for about $225. I have seen the drum card for sale for as little as $100. I think you are better off getting a DR880 because it is a monster.
cheers,
Ian canefire
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

canefire wrote:The drum sounds will be the same ones used in many other roland srx cards however you will get a few others. I think it is a better bet to get a card that has more than just drum sounds. The platinum tracks, the supreme dance, studio, and the ultimate keys will give you sufficient drum sounds and lots of other goodies. I also own the roland dr880 and those sounds are the same ones on the drum card.
You can buy a dr880 used for about $225. I have seen the drum card for sale for as little as $100. I think you are better off getting a DR880 because it is a monster.
cheers,
Ian canefire
I agree with canefire, the DR-880, despite not having a very intuitive interface and no computer software composer, it is indeed a "monster", and I just regret that I had to sell mine...
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

I think it would be easier for me to get the SRX01 card as I have all my drums written in the SC midi file.

I'm keen to know about the number of samples provided for each drum on the SRX. What I mean is, on the SC the bass drum probably has about 8 - 10 samples across the velocity range, so you get one for 1 - 15 then the next one for 16 - 30 and so on. So it doesn't matter what velocity you set between say 90 and 102 on a drum as you get the same sample.

Does anyone know how many smaples are taken for each drum sample on the SRX?
Andy Keys

Post by Andy Keys »

The waveforms all appear in the manual. I'm not sure how that translates to samples, though.
You can find the manual on this page at Roland UK.