Drum Machines?

Forum for SonicCell
DEVO-UK

Drum Machines?

Post by DEVO-UK »

Hi

Using the SC, with a Virus TI Darkstar and Waldorf Blofeld synths for a sequenced live show.

Using the SC 'Standard Drumkit 1', but want some drums that really cut through. The SC drums get a bit muddy and lost at time, so I'm looking for an external drum machine.

Q1. My drums are all on CH1 in the SC, so can I just set a kit in the DR880 to recieve on CH1 and use my midi data in the SC to drive the sounds in the DR880?

Q2. Would anyone recommend any other drum machine to compliment my set up?
DEVO-UK

Re: Drum Machines?

Post by DEVO-UK »

PS...

I've tried the SRX-01. It's rubbish. 10 years or more old.....
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

DEVO-UK wrote:Hi

Using the SC, with a Virus TI Darkstar and Waldorf Blofeld synths for a sequenced live show.

Using the SC 'Standard Drumkit 1', but want some drums that really cut through. The SC drums get a bit muddy and lost at time, so I'm looking for an external drum machine.

Q1. My drums are all on CH1 in the SC, so can I just set a kit in the DR880 to recieve on CH1 and use my midi data in the SC to drive the sounds in the DR880?

Q2. Would anyone recommend any other drum machine to compliment my set up?
A1. You should do the opposite. Your DR-880 sequence should drive the SC's drums, so will get both sounds at once that you can choose from or mix, pan, balance or whatever.

A2. Having a DR-880? No, that's one of the best drum machines around (still)

P.S: strong advice. Try to use channel 10 for all drum related stuff. A lot easier to manage when connecting different boards.
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

Thanks Paolo

I have purchased the DR880, so we'll see what happens. I doubt I'll use the SC drums though. I hear the DR880 drums are the best in the business (for that price range)
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

Sorry Paulo

Apologise for spelling your name incorrectly.
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

DEVO-UK wrote:Sorry Paulo

Apologise for spelling your name incorrectly.
Don't be... lots of people call me by the italian flavor name, so I'm used to ;-)

DR-880 is "A MACHINE" !!!
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

I bought one.

I LOVE IT...