Forum for SonicCell
morty

is this discontiued

Post by morty »

Im searching for one cant find it
rcknrllmn

Re: is this discontiued

Post by rcknrllmn »

me too, can't find anywhere. Was considering an SD-50 but apparently it won't transmit midi data from SMF's out of the midi out.
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Roland US show the SC as a current model.
rcknrllmn

Post by rcknrllmn »

rcraven wrote:Roland US show the SC as a current model.
I know, but I searched every online retailer that I can think of, nothing to be found?
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

rcknrllmn

Post by rcknrllmn »

LOL, I did google it about 50 times. I assumed since PSSL stated "e-mail me when it is in stock" they didn't have it. I never considered B&H & must have missed it on google. Looks like they may have it. Thanks.
JunoJohn

Post by JunoJohn »

Good luck with your hunt!

It is certainly possible for a retailer to mistakenly list something as available when it is not. I had that happen with the ARX-03 card. So, when in doubt, there is no substitute for contacting the retailer.

And there is always eBay.
rcknrllmn

Post by rcknrllmn »

I guess ebay is my only option. The retailers are telling me the item has been discontinued by the manufacturer.
louparte

Post by louparte »

Roland still has it on the website. But the only music store I found carrying it was Pro Audio & Stage Lighting (linked above). And their price was crazy.

So I bought one off EBay today. Hope it works.
Parsifal

Post by Parsifal »

Maybe they're going to release a Jupiter-Cell or something. It's about time Roland should release a high-end sound module.
Fantom XR -> gone
V-Synth XT -> gone
Sonic Cell -> no sampling, 2 less SRX slots etc.
SD-50 -> kinda low end
Fantom G -> no corresponding sound module yet (and possibly never)
Jupiter 80 -> no corresponding sound module yet
canefire

Post by canefire »

This is not a complaint....so much of what Roland makes overlaps. I thought the sonic cell was discontinued a while ago. People in here figured out a long time ago what waves were new and which were not in the sonic cell. Some of the waves are from the fantom G. So the sonic cell is a great bridge between the fantom s/x and the G. I am a fan of the sonic cell and I do not use it with a computer. I put two srx cards in it Studio for the drums and the analog essentials(a great card) because I do not have a moog.(though I am getting the minitaur soon)
cheers,
Ian
PauloF

Post by PauloF »

canefire wrote:This is not a complaint....so much of what Roland makes overlaps. I thought the sonic cell was discontinued a while ago. People in here figured out a long time ago what waves were new and which were not in the sonic cell. Some of the waves are from the fantom G. So the sonic cell is a great bridge between the fantom s/x and the G. I am a fan of the sonic cell and I do not use it with a computer. I put two srx cards in it Studio for the drums and the analog essentials(a great card) because I do not have a moog.(though I am getting the minitaur soon)
cheers,
Ian
The SC is indeed a great board and I fully regret that I had to sell mine a while ago.
Now I miss it even more after selling my Fantom Xa...
I got an old second hand RS-70 but that is nothing compared to the SC when it comes to sounds and sound quality :-(

Rolandus website still shows the SC as a current product yes, but I suspect it is not in production any more...
think you need to look for a 2nd hand one