Logic Load Up Time

Forum for SonicCell
miden

Re: Logic Load Up Time

Post by miden »

Just all the setup data at the start of the song - I usually do not change anything mid song..makes em too fiddly to edit later on LOL!

Dennis
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

Hi again Royce

I took my SC out live for the first time last night and nearly had a disaster.

I deleted the SC editor from within Logic which then enabled a super fast load up of the track when reopened. However, when I played the track, some of the patches in the SC changed. It's a good job I had some back ups on an external hard drive which saved the day but I still had the 20 - 30 second load time.

It has worded okay in the past when I've done this, but not last night. I did have 2 or 3 songs in each Logic track which helped, but would be great if I could sort this.

I'm Logic into the SC with a through to an Access Virus TI Darkstar and a drum machine, so my Logic midi tracks in the project are a mixture of SC, Virus and Drums.
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

I may however just sack the SC off and get the new Integra-7.

All my midi is in Logic, so I'm just using the Sc as a sound module.
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

All I can say is set it up and try it again at home.
If it worked there before and works again then it is likely that the pressure of performance caused you to do something.
First night jitters.

Practicing setting up and pulling it down.
This is just as important as practicing the piece you are playing.
All your gear is your instrument. You have to practice using all of it.
Practice=Preparation=Successful performance

Buying new gear will make it worse. You will be just starting again.

All the best next time
Royce
DEVO-UK

Post by DEVO-UK »

Ooops too late.

I bought the Integra-7 and sold the SC.

If you get a minute, would you please mind explaining how I can uninstall everything SC from my set up.

I have the Macbook/Logic talking to the INtegra and the Virus for a brand new project, but not for existing projects, which are looking to connect to the SC.
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Just delete the SC editor track and any SC VST settings in each song. Then you'll have to map each patch in each song to the Integra or Virus.
There isn't a useful Integra VST editor (yet??) for you to drop in.

The quickest way to sort out the patch mapping (SC Piano to Integra Piano) is to build up a USER bank in the Integra that matches the SC patches you used.
If you have used the anything other that the USER banks in your songs then you will have to spend a few hours changing all the Bank select and Patch select messages to map to new the Integra values (although some could be the same).
You probably will have to set up Bank select anyway as the Integra has lots of USER banks as there is a XV5080 (cut down version closer to a XV3080 with even less FX) as well as the Jupiter style sounds in there.

The SRX sounds will just map straight across as the bank select numbers are fixed for each SRX. So you are in luck there.

Unfortunately equipment price is rarely the expensive part of changing gear.

Best of luck
Royce