Can I load SRX-10 in SC?

Forum for SonicCell
JBloem

Can I load SRX-10 in SC?

Post by JBloem »

Hello,

I purchased the SRX-06 wave expansion board recently. The package contains SRX-10 CD-ROM (Big Brass ensemble) as well. But I wonder if I can install this on my SC? In the description there is no mention of the SC as compatible device, only Fantom.

Thanks!

Jordi
PauloF

Re: Can I load SRX-10 in SC?

Post by PauloF »

JBloem wrote:Hello,

I purchased the SRX-06 wave expansion board recently. The package contains SRX-10 CD-ROM (Big Brass ensemble) as well. But I wonder if I can install this on my SC? In the description there is no mention of the SC as compatible device, only Fantom.

Thanks!

Jordi
Welcome to The Clan Jordi!

Yes you can install SRX10!
SC has two SRX Slots, and you can use any of the 12 existing ones.

Quote...
SonicCell’s internal sound bank can even be expanded and customized via its two internal SRX expansion bays. Choose from over a dozen of Roland’s famous SRX Expansion boards (sold separately) that cover a vast world of musical instruments and styles.
UNQUOTE...
rcraven

Post by rcraven »

Do you mean, can you use the patches on the CD that are marked for the SRX-10.
The answer is that they will load OK but the waves that they need are on the SRX-10 card.
So to make them sound you will need the extra SRX card.

You can, of course load the patch and just change the wave group from EXPANSION to INTERNAL and select a wave that is close.

All the best
Royce
JBloem

Post by JBloem »

Yes Royce, I mean the CD ROM (not the expansion card itself) only. Ok, so I need the card as well. The CD Rom on its own is useless. Too bad.

Thanks for the answer

Jordi