Going out of my head!

Forum for SonicCell
CraigFeltham

Going out of my head!

Post by CraigFeltham »

Hi all,

7 years after the invent of the Sonic Cell, I decide to buy one....just as Roland discontinue them...On a plus side, all of the issues that everyone has had with it would have been sorted out...or so I thought.

Had mine a couple off weeks now and I'm having a complete nightmare....these are my issues, which I'm hoping some you nice people will be able to solve for me, as over the years, I'm sure you've overcome the same issues.....

1 - Updated the firmware from 1.04 to 1.20....now it doesn't save the Soft Through setting in the midi section....even though I write it (to the user perform 01 thingy)...I'm positive it saved when I had the 1.04 firmware.

2 - I'm plagued by GM2 patches....I edit the midi file, get rid of all of the sysex messages, get rid of all the patch selections on each midi track, replace them with the flashy SC patches, play the file....GM2!! I've installed the SC Instrument definitions, so am able to select the patches from the presect a,b,c,d etc.....but can't get them to auto load when I play the midi file. I have manged to get them to work by doing a Perf Init before playing them, however, change the midi file without doing a PI and the GM2s are back......Does anyone have a perf init sysex message string that they can post, then all I need to do is add the string to auto and happy days....seems such a simple thing to do, but boy does it have me pulling my hair out!!

I'm so impressed with the sounds, but it just seems too complex to get to work.

Thanks, hopefully you will be able to help, as I'm sure it will do what I want it to, just too old to understand the manual, it must have all the info in it....doesn't it??
CraigFeltham

Re: Going out of my head!

Post by CraigFeltham »

Sorry, I'm a moron, pressing "Menu" again while editing the System settings allows you to save....stated clearly in the manual, really don't know how I managed to miss it.
PauloF

Re: Going out of my head!

Post by PauloF »

CraigFeltham wrote:Sorry, I'm a moron, pressing "Menu" again while editing the System settings allows you to save....stated clearly in the manual, really don't know how I managed to miss it.
Don't punish yourself, everybody does those type of errors ;-)