SonicCell drivers for Mac OS X El Capitan

Forum for SonicCell
fmr

SonicCell drivers for Mac OS X El Capitan

Post by fmr »

I am running the beta version of the new OS X El Capitan, Since the latest beta, released a few days ago, my SonicCell audio is glitchy. Seems like a new driver is in need. May I expect a new driver? The last one was released for OS X 10.9 8Mavericks) although it still worked in OS X 10.10 (Yosemite).
fmr

Re: SonicCell drivers for Mac OS X El Capitan

Post by fmr »

OK, just to let you people know that things are now fine. I updated the firmware version of SonicCell, and now things are back to normal. Seems like the 10.9 driver still works OK in 10.11 (up to now, at least). Anyway, it would be good if Roland extended the support for their hardware some more time. They are "too fast" in abandoning things and making them obsolete.
PauloF

Re: SonicCell drivers for Mac OS X El Capitan

Post by PauloF »

fmr wrote:OK, just to let you people know that things are now fine. I updated the firmware version of SonicCell, and now things are back to normal. Seems like the 10.9 driver still works OK in 10.11 (up to now, at least). Anyway, it would be good if Roland extended the support for their hardware some more time. They are "too fast" in abandoning things and making them obsolete.
Welcome to the Clan fmr!

Your assumption is correct, but we all need to realize that the OS companies (Apple and Microsoft) do what they please, when they want whenever they want to sell us new things and new hardware (sometimes), and the equipment manufacturers need to be following that trend by updating/upgrading their systems/software, but that has limitations, especially when the hardware is out of date or not in production any more or in the verge of being outdated.

For MIDI there are always the MIDI USB interfaces that can be used in case the product becomes with no USB MIDI drivers for a particular OS/Version, but on the AUDIO that often requires special drivers, that is much more difficult and often occurs even with newer boards like the Integra-7, where there is no support for Windows 10 still (as an example)