Sonic Cell Piano

Forum for SonicCell
joelfan

Sonic Cell Piano

Post by joelfan »

Well, the Sonic Cell is hard to be beaten. Even nowadays, it is a full synth (and 2/2 audio card) with tons of sounds and 3 MFX. Outstanding sounds. They are Fantom-x sounds. But...

The piano sound! It is weak, I think. Not bad, but not really brilliant enough. It has a strong attack part, then it vanishes quite soon and then it stays at low volume. SRX (which were issued before Sonic Cell) is not the solution. Should we give up to try to find a good Piano sound? No.

If you agree, can we post our custom Piano timbres? Would you please share among us our experiences on Piano sounds? If you have decent Piano patches, please post them.
PauloF

Re: Sonic Cell Piano

Post by PauloF »

joelfan wrote:Well, the Sonic Cell is hard to be beaten. Even nowadays, it is a full synth (and 2/2 audio card) with tons of sounds and 3 MFX. Outstanding sounds. They are Fantom-x sounds. But...

The piano sound! It is weak, I think. Not bad, but not really brilliant enough. It has a strong attack part, then it vanishes quite soon and then it stays at low volume. SRX (which were issued before Sonic Cell) is not the solution. Should we give up to try to find a good Piano sound? No.

If you agree, can we post our custom Piano timbres? Would you please share among us our experiences on Piano sounds? If you have decent Piano patches, please post them.
I had a SC for a few years and could not have a decent Piano sound to my liking either. But honestly did not invest time in tweaking the existing board sounds, so this is just my opinion about the presets...

In fact the very old RD-170's piano sounds were much better even considering the limited (or non existing ) parameter change possibilities on the RD.