Using Sonic Cell with the VST Editor

Forum for SonicCell
vsyn7425

Using Sonic Cell with the VST Editor

Post by vsyn7425 »

My goal when using the Sonic Cell as a sound module was for it to be controlled by the Sonic Cell VST editor in Cubase 4. This was so I could edit the current patch/performance in realtime whilst playing along to the track. I created an instance of the Sonic Cell VST editor and then a Midi track to send out the midi data. However when I click on the VST Editor track there is no sound from the Sonic Cell. Is there something I am missing here? Or is it impossible to achieve my goal?
vsyn7425

Re: Using Sonic Cell with the VST Editor

Post by vsyn7425 »

Aha.. seems I have solved my problem or found a workaround at least. Simply create a midi track in Cubase and set it to output midi to the Sonic Cell. Then use the standalone Sonic Cell editor with all the midi inputs and outputs set to Sonic Cell and the Sonic Cell can be controlled perfectly when playing live or played back from a track.

I found that only Cubase 4 runs the Sonic Cell VST without fault. Cubase 5 doesn't run it correctly so I presume later versions won't either. The above solution doesn't need to host the Sonic Cell VST and the standalone Sonic Cell editor will probably run on any version of Windows so all is good.