RD 700GX & USB Hard drive

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
Jon__

RD 700GX & USB Hard drive

Post by Jon__ »

Hi,

This is just a thought i had and i have no idea if it would work, but could you use a usb hard drive with the usb port - if it can drive a usb memory key could it do the same with a hard drive?

thanks
Artemiy
Site Admin

Re: RD 700GX & USB Hard drive

Post by Artemiy »

It should work as long as the hard drive has it's own power supply, as the RD-700GX won't give it enough power from the USB bus itself. And anyway, considering the extra cost, size and wires, what's the point in not using a cheap and tiny USB flash drive which is more reliable, silent and can even have 4, 8 GB or even more storage?
Jon__

Post by Jon__ »

well indeed but the problem i have is that i generally buy albums with the written music. At the moment the software i use to convert .cda to .mp3 does not work properly so i get a really dodgy .mp3, meaning i have to use .wav - which are hudge. Therfore, i need a bigger storage device as 1gb is only just one album once converted to .wav and i do like playing along to the music.
Artemiy
Site Admin

Post by Artemiy »

You can use free software like iTunes to rip your CDs, and it will give you excellent MP3 quality.