SRX-07

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
musicaldoc

SRX-07

Post by musicaldoc »

Hi, I've just put a new SRX07 inside my RD700GX.

Everything works fine but guitar patches 150 (Nylon sosoft) and 152 (Moody nylon), which sound somewhat strange.
When I release the keys I get a strange sound similar to a muted string but coarse and annoying.

The patches are not playable unless I use the damper, in that way the muted sound is almost gone.
It disappears also if I keep down the keys until the end of the sound.....no disturb at all releasing the keys.

Is it a normal (yet horrible) characteristic of the voices used in these patches (the sheets say 2 voices per patch)?

Thanx
Parsifal

Re: SRX-07

Post by Parsifal »

I dunno if this is the case but sometimes the guitar patches sounds different if you keep one or more keys pressed then you press another one. Due to their programming, you'll hear a muted sound or whatever. Also keep in mind some SRX patches are normally out of reach on the RD series (although they're on the card). I assume if someone's trying to "force sound" them then he / she will get strange results. Check the brochure to see whether they are compatible with the RD or not.
musicaldoc

Re: SRX-07

Post by musicaldoc »

Well.....they're among the patches compatible with the RD, the problem is that with the RD it's not possible to dig in the wave forms(voices) that are used in the patches.

You get what is offered by the original programmer and that's it.....no more reprogramming over the normal ADSR modifications.....if I knew that I would have saved a bunch of euros damn....