USB MIDI drivers for 700GX

Forum for RD-700GX, RD-700NX and RD-800
Allan

USB MIDI drivers for 700GX

Post by Allan »

I have mated my 700GX with my desktop (Windows XP SP3) just fine but cannot get my laptop (same OS) to load Roland MIDI drivers. I have uninstalled several times and re-installed with newest drivers and used the Roland CLEANALL program (200701) to no avail. Is there a manual uninstall or is there something else that I need to do? Help appreciated!
PauloF

Re: USB MIDI drivers for 700GX

Post by PauloF »

Hi Allan,
I don't have a RD700GX, but I believe the drivers are similar to the Fantom's.
I have a Windows Xp Sp3, and I recently reinstalled the Fantom, UM2-Ex, UM3-Ex, PCR-500 and V-Synth Drivers with no problems at all.

The CLEANALL program should have cleaned the Drivers completely, but maybe it is one of those XP SP3 reported bugs... that is giving some trouble with a few programs.
- Have you installed the drivers after or prior the update to SP3 on the laptop ?
- And what about the Desktop ? Have you installed the drivers after or prior the update to SP3 ?
- Have you tried to roll-back the SP3 to SP2 and have it a try ? If not maybe is worthy to try it and then, if it works, apply SP3 again.

take care
PauloF
Allan

C-Media USB driver conflict

Post by Allan »

Thanks for you reply. The 700GX is brand new and SP3 was installed some time ago (when it first came out). BUT! I think I have found the problem. I uninstalled C-Media USB drivers and now the computer recognizes the Roland. I am not sure what the C-media files were installed with. It may have been with a Targus USB port replicator that I was using with my laptop.

Anyway, everything seems to work well. Thanks.

Allan